I started a small project at Stripe over the holiday period to create some short videos that would help users better understand how to use certain features of, or change settings within, the dashboard.
As more people start using Stripe, especially with third-party platforms that are built using Stripe Connect, being able to show our users how to do something, like how to download payment reports, can be much more informative than written instructions alone.
The idea was to create an increasing number of videos the we could send to users who had got in touch. As well as this, we’ve now been adding them to Stripe’s support site, making them available to anyone viewing a relevant support topic for which a video exists. You can find some examples of the new videos at:
- How do I enable two-step verification?
- Can I invite other team members or my developer to join my Stripe account?
- Avoiding fraud and disputes
- How can I change the bank account to which payments are transferred?
- What kind of reporting is available?
- How can I get an email when a payment goes through? What about when a payment fails?
- If my secret API key were compromised, what information could be accessed?
I’ll be continually expanding Stripe’s library of videos that our users can watch, at any time, which will cover many more topics and features.
- When I wrote for Tuts+, I’d use iMovie to edit my screencasts, which was like pulling teeth. ↩